Lennier Outfit - Pants and Over-Robe

I've mostly finished the palazzo pants. Everything except the bottom hem is finished, because I still haven't decided whether to hem both legs or to use bias tape to finish them. Because that decision is very much affected by whether I have enough bias tape after making the over-robe, I've started on that as well. The lining is assembled, for the pattern I'm using a very modified version of McCall's 8423. I'm not using batting, I won't be quilting it, I lengthened it at the lower edge, and I'm connecting the side seams so it's a bit more like a robe (without sleeves) rather than a long vest like the original design. I've previously used this pattern to make a quilted vest, so I have a good sense of which features I do and don't want. 

In the vest I made last time, the order of assembly meant that some seams are visible inside, as the outside, lining, and batting were concatenated and then quilted for each panel before the panels were put together. While the resulting garment is perfectly functional for wearing out and about, and as an outer garment to and from my sword classes, it does mean it looks a bit untidy inside in a way I don't want to replicate for this outfit or any future uses.   

A close-up of the finished waistband for a pair of palazzo pants. The waistband is purple, the main fabric is green and yellow/orange, and the partially visible panels in the legs are grey with purple borders

A blue/grey lining for an overrobe, arranged in a way that obscures most of the lines of the fabric, but shows the way the fabric's pattern blurs together in a pleasing way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blue/Green Moth - Wings and Magnets

Quilted Vest - Done with Bias Tape

Quilted Jacket Progress