Quilted Vest - Done with Bias Tape

I have finished adding bias tape to all parts of the hem, the last bit was the horizontal lower hem, and that's done now. This is a partial photo because I want to save the full thing until I do the last step. I only have one cloth piece left to attach, but it involves at least two rounds of ironing, so it'll have to wait another day. Then I need to decide once and for all which fastening method I'll use, and attach whatever is necessary. The pattern recommends a combination of leather and cording, but I have a few ideas I'm considering instead. I have dexterity issues, so I want a closure method that is as low-frustration as possible for me.

I love this vest, I love how it feels and how it sits on my body. I'm so excited to get to wear it once the final bits are in place.

A close up of the bottom of a purple (outside) and white (lining) quilted vest, multihued purple bias tape now is on all the visible edges of the vest.


Comments

  1. This is so cool! I love the contrast of the white and lavender and the dark blue swirls of the bias tape! Can't wait to see the full picture!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blue/Green Moth - Wings and Magnets

Quilted Jacket Progress